Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Doubts... and I as ready as I was on 2008?

So, I know we are 3+ weeks out, and the taper-madness includes self-doubts, but I am wondering if I ran enough, did enough LR, etc. So, I retrieved my data from the Pig training in 2008, and here is what I came up with.

1) Pig training was longer training cycle, so included 18 weeks, instead of 14, and more longer runs. Also, I think I did more speedwork in 2008.

2) Since I did a 12 week plan, and last two weeks will be a taper, I compared the 'meat' of the programs: the 10 weeks before the taper. Interestingly enough, the average mpw in 2008 was 40.1 and 2011 is 44 mpw. (in 2008 I did have an off week of just 26 miles while out West skiing)

So, then I compared LR averages over the same period and found them both to be 16 miles average LR distance. So, I am feeling a bit better about my preparation. I also have the Master's Swim program workouts which will end up being about 5 weeks of the training program, so that is good speedwork as well.

This week I am feeling pretty beat up: the renovation project is going well, but it is REALLY old having people in the house from 7:30-4:00 M-Friday. I also swam again this week (3000 yards) and that 2 hours of sleep always hits me on Wednesdays.

Onward and upward!

No comments: