Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Blog Post #1


Hi- I am going to give this a go! I hope to use this blog mainly to record my running and training, with a sampling of 'deep thoughts' thrown in. One of the benefits to running for me is time alone: far from the other demands on my time: family, work, the house and all the little daily dramas that seem to occur at the most inopportune times. I tend to have all these great ideas/thoughts/self-reflections during my runs, and no where to put them.

I am currently training for the Flying Pig marathon, which is May 4, 2008; or more importantly, nine weeks and 5 days from today. I am following Pfitzinger's 18/55 plan, but have modified it to sort of a 19/50 plan, to suit my needs and schedule.

Today was to be 8 miles, but due to our final Paddle Tennis match and party, along with ANOTHER 2-hr. delay, I only got in 6.5 miles on the treadmill over at the Fitness Center at the Country Club. Had to get it in at 6 am, since the rest of the day was booked.

I am starting this blog today also because my baby turned 6 years old today! Officially I have children, not babies nor toddlers. The reality of this hit me in full force, and I will address this in more detail some other time. Danny has his friend Will over to play, and we are having a special menu for dinner tonight that he selected: chips, mexican pizza (quesadilla), pineapple, cake and ice cream. Bob is out of town tonight for work: it is 'attack season' again.

My sweet little guy has had a great birthday celebration: party for friends at the Zoo, family party here, Penguins game with Daddy and Tommy, and now a special playdate/dinner. It is great to treat him to special events- he really appreciates them!

Happy Birthday Danny!

No comments: