Yippee! Got in an 8- miler Monday, then a nice road/track 10-miler today. Pace: 9:29, which is on the fast end of the 10-20% spectrum.
For Boston, my goal is to TRAIN to fun a 3:45: 8:35 MP, but my main goal is to re-BQ; which is a 8:45 pace. So, I am going to train using MP of 8:35, and hope for the best come race day.
This was first MLR I've done outside on the roads in almost two months. After the 3 weeks off, I have been doing 90% of my runs on the Treadmill. I am a bit unique in why I don't mind the TM, and here are the reasons:
WHY I LIKE THE TREADMILL FOR WINTER TRAINING (not in any particular order)
1) I can control my paces: especially good for tempo and speedwork.
2) I get caught up on the news, sports, and sometimes even enjoy Ellen and Rachael Ray show.
3) I don't have to worry about the weather; which means I also don't have to worry about what to wear.
4) I don't have to worry about the cold weather bothering my asthma
5) If Danny needs me at school for his asthma, I can be reached by cellphone, and am only 15 minutes away, as opposed to having to run miles back to my car
6) I can use the bathroom, refill my water, and get a new towel: really great for MLR.
7) I can run on an incline, which my S*ITBand seems to appreciate.
8) There are always other people running while I am running: when I am on the trail, I might pass 1 or 2 other runners.
9) It is easier on the knees/Sh*tband than the roads or trails.
10) I don't have to carry my own water or food.
Boy- don't I sound pampered!!!!
Summer running is another ballgame-- put me outside any day!
Tomorrow's topic: Marathon training program for Boston.