Thursday, July 2, 2009

Now I'm REALLY pissed....

So... hmph, as part of my effort to scale back my mileage to a measly 20-25 mpw in order to let the knee rest a bit I decided if I couldn't run LONG, I might try some repeats and run FAST.

Last week ran 3 x 800 as part of a monster 3.5 M run , and ran them at my recent (not PR) 5K pace. 7:13, 7:13, 7:08

This week ran 4 x 800 (all of these on TM) as part of 4M run and ran 7:08, 7:08, 7:03, 6:58 (ok, so a teeny bit faster, but heck it felt good!). Well, my LEFT hip decided to balk at the notion. It was a bit sore after the run, but I stretched it out pretty well afterward.

Tuesday I ran 7M pretty easy (9:15 pace) around North Park and felt a twinge or two, but not for a more than a minute at at time.

Wednesday I woke up and it hurt to WALK. Seriously, WTF? I have been running for 20 years, and during the past year have had more problems than the previous 19 combined. Am I getting that old? If I can't run far and I can't run fast what the hell sort of goals can I set for myself.

Hmpf. I'm sure my AARP form is arriving any moment now.

Thing that really sucks about the situation is that the Firecracker 5K is in two days, and I have run it every year since 1996 that I have been in town, except the year when Tommy was 3 weeks old. Even ran it the year I just found out I was pregnant with Danny. It is a tradition for me, and I tend to place in my age group. UGH. DH says its just another 5K, but to me it is more.

So-- as for now I am not running, but haven't 100% commited to it.

It doesn't help my self image that I weigh more than I ever have in 16 years, except when I was pregnant. Sigh.

Hopefully next post will be more cheery.

TTFN~

No comments: