Wednesday, August 27, 2008

FINALLY Training for Philly!


So- back from Oregon-- got in some great runs-- 33 miles the week we were gone. Best run was 12 miles, 10 of which were on the beach- nobody else around. It was so foggy it was hard to see more than a 1/4 mile ahead, but was beautiful and cool.
Last week was the first week of Phitz training. The boys had Penguins Hockey camp, and luckily for me there was a fitness center directly above the ice they were skating on. So- rather than getting up at 5:30 to get my runs in, I got three runs in while they were skating. Highlight of the week was that all three of us were interviewed for, and made it on, local TV. Good thing for DVR! The boys look adorable. I had just finished a 5M run, so I do not look so adorable.
Last week's mileage: 35, including 13M long run.
This week: yesterday did 12M. Tomorrow is my first tempo workout since the 5K in July, so I am a bit nervous about that. Am going to try and stay in between 7:50-7:40. Should be a good indicator of how the 1/2 marathon pace will feel for the race on the 6th.
Today I took Beta for a 1M walk, then went to Group Power. On the way home, I stopped for milk/eggs, and locked myself out of my car. UGH. Since I was in my workout gear, I just walked home- 3 more miles. I considering running, but 1) had my purse with me and 2) have that tempo workout tomorrow. Not THAT'S taking it easy.
TTFN!

No comments: