Tuesday, August 5, 2008

UGH! IT Band sore (again!)

Did 8M this morning, started at 5:40 am. It was still dark out, so I did the first mile in the neigborhood. Then it started to rain, pretty hard, and I was thinking of heading back home, but I thought--- what the heck am I going to do at home; wet, at 6:10 am? So I kept going.

Splits: 1st 2 miles were slow: 20:19, then: 9:50,9:11, 9:05, 9:20, 8:53, 9:11 for a average time of 9:30. The slow miles were in part due to the rain, and since I ran in the neighborhood, there were lots of hills to contend with.

My IT Band situation has me worried b/c if I commit to the Philly race, it has to be in the next two weeks. It did not hurt WHILE I was running, but after. Go figure.

Anyway, glad to get the run in-- I am going to try to be more diligent about the stretching/icing situation.

We leave Friday for Washington/Oregon... Should be fun, yet interesting. due to the L divorce situation.

Cheers!

No comments: