Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Great tempo run!

Got my first sub 8 min/miles in today with a 7M w/4M at tempo pace on the treadmill.

Warmup was easy- 9:30 pace, then 7:53, 7:53, 7:47 and 7:41. I felt great most of the time, if not a little bored. I increased the incline slightly to .5 for about 1.5 miles of the 4 tempo miles. I am trying not to run these too fast, but wanted to see how it felt b/c I want to run the Ikea 1/2 marathon at around 7:40 pace, which would be PR- I am hoping for 1:40 or better. It will also be a good indicator of my current fitness level.

I feel somewhat that I am not working as hard as I could b/c I do my speedwork on the treadmill (I'm sure I've mentioned this before), but also feel that I need to save my knee at some point, and that is the best way to get everything in.

All in all, a great workout, and my knee is not sore. I will ice it tonight.

TTFN-

No comments: