Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Minor Setback?

RR: Today is Wednesday, a 'rest' day in what is supposed to be my high-mileage week for this training cycle. Monday did 5 recovery. Yesterday did a hard 11M w/7M at 1/2 marathon pace. Since I am training to run technically slower' than my ability (according to the McMillan calculator) I wasn't sure which 1/2 marathon pace to use. The 1/2 pace based on my goal time is 8:09 per mile, but I started at 8:00, ended at 7:30, with the average pace per mile at 7:47. A pretty good workout, especially considering I found out later in the day I have a sinus infection.

Got my meds, am feeling better today, and am still going to try my 20miler tomorrow. If I feel really badly, I will cut it back to 17, and do the 20 next week. Am not going to obsess about it.

Family news: Danny is getting glasses! He is excited, and I of course am taken back to every taunt and negative comment that was directed my way as a child. Hopefully Harry Potter has helped make glasses less of a stigma. He does not have to wear them for hockey, so we'll see how it goes. He got some sturdy glasses that do make him look like HP, so we'll see how it goes. They won't be in for a week or so.

Am planning a 70th b-day dinner for my MIL-- things are going along nicely, so we'll see how it all turns out. Interesting how I end up handling most of this....

TTFN!

No comments: