Friday, April 11, 2008

Another week stronger

From April 8th--

RR: Got the rest of my miles in last week- another 50 mile week! That makes two for the training cycle. I definitely felt it by the medium long run on Saturaday, but ran 9M at the Jail Trail, so it was flat. My LR last week was another very hilly run--- felt good to get it done, and my pace was 9:38 overall, so 60 seconds more than race pace-- good!

Did my speedwork Tuesday: 8.5M with 4 x 1200 at 7:05 pace. Was pretty tired after the 4th 1200, but again, I'm on the treadmill, so I don't know how it would feel on the track. Might have to do some track work after the marathon to really work on my speed.Tomorrow is recovery, then the last 20miler before the Pig is Thursday. Had to move things around due to no school for the boys on Friday, but was able to do so. Am going to drive up to North Park, and do laps around the lake. Has served me well with my MP runs. Plan is to start at 10:00 mile, and increase pace a bit for each 5M loop around the lake. Hope the weather is going to be good.

No comments: