Thursday, September 25, 2008

A week later....

Ok- so its been awhile. Here is a summary:

9/19 12M LR on Peters Trail. Pace: 9:03-- I was really proud of this run, and the pace. I felt a bit sore, and it took some time to get going, but was really happy when I finished.

9/20 4M recovery run. Pace: 9:54. I did 2.5 of this on the HS track, which was hard, b/c the HS XC team was running intervals, and these girls were flying around the track. I sometimes wonder what I might have been able to do running-wise as a girl, had it not been for the asthma. Oh well, I guess I'm making up for it now :)

Total mileage 9/15: 30 mpw

This week:

Monday: 6M w/5 x 1200 at 7:03, 7:03, 6:58, 6:48, 6:48. I felt great getting this in. Pfitz called for 4 x 1200 at LT pace for the 1/2 marathon schedule, but I went ahead and did the full workout-- more of a VO2 workout, which is what I think I needed. Of course I'm paying for it w/sore legs.

Wednesday: hilly run in Mt. Lebo- 8M @ 8:56 pace. This run was really hard for me. I have not been doing much hill work, and my left leg was really stiff. I ran part of the Martha's Run course, then hit the track for 6 laps and then back to the Galleria. Mostly all road/sidewalk, which I plan to avoid as much as possible in the next 3 weeks.

I really wish my body would not hurt. I've been dealing with off and on aches/pains since early June, and its getting old. I'm giving this ART two more weeks, and if I don't see results, I'm going to just rest after the 1/2, and do the exact same thing I did for the Pig- slowly increase mileage and do Pfitz 18/50.

TTFN!

No comments: