Sunday, September 28, 2008

31 miles this week-- still sore...

Friday's long run was really two runs in one. The first 5 or so miles were pretty ugly-- I didn't really get into a groove until mile 5 or so. I was at the trail, and ran a 1-mile section 3-4 times; out and back. BORING, but it was hot, I didn't feel like carrying water, so I stopped by the car a few times, and wasn't sure if I was going to make it.

Then, somewhere in the 6th mile, things clicked. It was a good reminder to stick it out. Overall pace was 9:06, which was the same as the week before, although the effort felt harder.

Then ART-- saw another local runner (MUCH faster than moi) so I chuckled that I wasn't the only one seeking different types of treatment. Am not feeling the love with the ART, as my left leg now hurts; first the quad, then the IT Band.

Saturday's recovery 5 were just plain UGLY. 10:05 pace, did not feel great, but got it done. 31 miles for the week. I think next week I'm going to try to get in 35, then cut back before the race. We'll see how it goes. I think I'll try a tempo run tomorrow, and see how the legs feel.

TTFN-

No comments: