Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Mama told me there would be days like this....

So yesterday was an unmitigated disaster from a running standpoint. The Dude has been sick, I was home with him all day Sunday, and figured I'd let him sleep in, and take him to school around 10:00 and get my 16 in. He has this horrible hacking cough, and it was so strong it had made him sick a couple of times. I felt so badly for him, but he was really brave, and by Monday morning (yestereday) seemed to be doing better. So, when it was time to take him to school, the cough got really bad, and I kept thinking that I'd better make sure it was bronchitis or pneumonia or something.... so took him to the dr. There goes my daytime run....

Dude was 'fine', and actually in good spirits the rest of the day. DH volunteered to come home at a decent hour, and let me go run while he put the kids to bed. So, at that point I was looking at running from 6:30-9:0o PM--- not the best of times, but I was happy to be able to get it in.

Well, DH didn't get home until 6:30 (No fault of his, it is tax season) and when I got to the gym, I realized I didn't have my socks. At this point I was going to exchange the 16 for a speedish type workout of 10 with some sub-MP miles. When I started in at the 15 minutes at 8:12, the meat sauce I had been making for dinner and thus tasting in copious amount decided it was time to make a second appearance. I DID manage to keep it all down, but between the sick tummy and blisters that were starting to form on my upper foot, decided to call it a day. Got in 4M. UGH.

Now I AM lucky b/c my schedule is so flexible, but with running only 3x a week (more on that tomorrow) NEED, and I mean NEED to get all 3 runs in with their specific type of workout. So, I moved a couple of things around, and will inconvenience DH a bit again on Saturday, having to run that day, but will keep on moving on.

Here's hoping today is a better day for both me and the Dude.

No comments: