Saturday, March 7, 2009

What Sinus Infection?

Yesterday I went to the Take Care Clinic and the P.A. said I have a sinus infection, which explains why my throat has felt like crap and I've had no energy the past couple of days. I get these a couple of times a year-- usually when the weather changes. She noticed my 'Marathon Mama' t-shirt and said I should not run for a few days. So... I did take the day completely off from working out yesterday, which was actually really nice btw, but went ahead and did my 10miler this morning.

Went out to the Peters Trail, which has about a 1-2% steady grade depending on where you park. So, I did the last 'ego run' I'll do before Boston, which is to park at the downhill end, so the first 5 miles were uphill:
9:44, 9:35, 9:28, 9:25 and 9:14

then I turned around:
8:46, 8:44, 8:38, 8:17, and 7:56! The last couple of miles I was trying to catch up with this women who was moving along pretty well... I did just at the last half mile of the trail.

So- the trail is ready to run on again! The drinking fountain and porta-potty are not up and working yet, but soon! Also, I will be parking at the 'top' end of the trail from now on to simulate the hill situation in Boston: downhill during the first part of the course and uphill during the second part.

All in all I feel pretty good about it, and am curious to see how things go on Monday, when I'm going to get in my first 20-miler of the training cycle.

TTFN!

1 comment:

L.A. Runner said...

Take care of that infection! Great run, too.